Monday, November 12, 2012

Big Easy Express


If you haven't seen Big Easy Express
and you love Mumford & Sons as much as I do,
you have to - HAVE TO - check it out.
Emmett Malloy loads Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic
Zeros, Old Crow Medicine Show, and Mumford & Sons
onto a vintage train for a "tour of dreams" and the
result is essentially an hour-long music video that
made me want to run around barefoot, take up meditation,
and pretty much join an Indie commune.


And in case you've been living under a rock,
Mumford & Sons' new album Babel is just as good
as you'd expect. Trust me, I find this as surprising as 
you'd imagine, but Marcus Mumford is strangely becoming
my new dream husband. On repeat in my apartment:


"It's really weird to me that people like our music," 
says Mumford. "It's pretty straightforward. There's no 
flash to it. And there are so many other bands doing it. 
People are like, 'Don't listen to Mumford & Sons – listen to 
this band.' And I'm like, 'I know!' We're just mediocre, 
slightly overweight English musicians. We're fat, 
sweaty, and we try hard." -Marcus Mumford, Rolling Stone


Damn you Carey Mulligan.

Images via here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...